Marriage License Information
Requirements for a marriage license issued by Stanton County
- Both applicants must be at least 17 years of age. You cannot marry in Nebraska if you are under 17.
- Parental consent required for applicants who are 17 or 18 years of age. The parental consent form (PDF) is available at the County Clerk’s office.
- One form of identification is required – i.e. Drivers License, Birth Certificate or Passport.
- Need to know birthplace of Bride and Groom.
- Need full names and birthplaces of both parents.
- Bride and Groom must provide their social security numbers, if they have one.
- If the applicant had a previous marriage, we will need to know the date the marriage ended. (Date of divorce degree or date of death)
- No blood test is required.
- Licenses are good for one year from date of issuance. Therefore, they have to be married within that year or they need to apply again.
- A couple may apply for their license in any county in Nebraska, and use it to be married in any Nebraska county.
To received a Stanton County certified marriage license, send a $9.00 check or money order and the following information:
- Name of Groom
- Name of Bride (including maiden name)
- Month/Day/Year of marriage
- Stanton County Clerk
PO Box 347
Stanton NE 68779
State Certified Copy - $16.00
[Back to Clerk’s Page]